homestead - Re: [Homestead] Canning Chicken

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Canning Chicken
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 00:10:47 -0400

I forgot to mention that my husband - out of the blue - this past Tuesday
night told me to buy a scythe. A scythe! James and SJC in Maine, please
(when you see this) I can almost hear you chuckling. Yes, I told him about
the homestead conversations we had.

I'm sure my double-take in the car had to be obvious. My husband is not that
fond of our farm, he'd sooner move off to town or another locale where we
had less than a couple of acres to deal with (keeping in mind he's a guitar
player with carpal tunnel) and where we had fewer than 5 fruit trees to
prune and keep up with. ;)

Honestly, I think what he said was huge. It meant, to me, that he's
hunkering down and is in for the long haul - either that or the state of the
state has him feeling just as concerned as I am.

Now I really must get some sleep. It's Saturday already. Take care.

lkvp