homestead - Re: [Homestead] peat moss?

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] peat moss?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 00:58:53 -0800

Lynda wrote:

You said "in drought areas there is never enough water to wash away sodium buildup" to which I responded "Drought areas don't have much to do with alkaline vs. acidic."

I never said that water didn't have anything to do with a soil's pH.

The determining factors in your pH levels have to do with what is around and what is left by water.

As to your last paragraph, if you weren't so inclined to exaggeration, one might be tempted to take you a bit more seriously. Oh, and your severe case of tunnel vision. Seems to me, 'twould be you who routinely brings up politics. Case in point, your post a couple of days ago, complete once again with your rants about the Clanton conspiracies.

Why did you use your acidic dry soil as an example to attempt to bash me if you know so much? Why didn't you just provide the right answer, that your soil never had much lime to start with? See, it's more about trying to bash me, the "Rove operative" as you so hilariously proclaimed, not about illumination.

I came to this list with the sole intention of discussing farm life. I found it to be a complete lie. I'm sure you never counted on meeting a liberal with integrity. But I have a tendency to destroy lies where I find them.

Isn't it fascinating, though, that you're always the person that answers, and only you, the policewoman of politics. Years ago, when it was announced that the TV would soon flicker out, I waited an appropriate length of time, then placed a pebble into the water, with my posts on junior college fraud, waste, and abuse. Surely there will be a replacement, I said to myself. The only bottom dweller to rise to the occasion was, of course, you. I had never heard from you before. Most people will just agree to disagree, especially when they can't hope to know more about a topic than someone else. You were proven wrong on every point of fact, and when that failed, the only recourse was to attack me personally. Your need to dominate every such conversation points once again to your being no ordinary list member.

Conspiracy? It's such an easy word to trivialize. You're telling us that politicians have no motivation for covering their wrongdoing? Conspiracy theories are only ridiculous insofar as they are "vast", like Stalina's VRWC. That's because it's improbable that so many people could be motivated independently in the same direction, let alone keep it a secret. This, however, would be a very logical conspiracy on the part of two people whose entire lives were about to go down the tubes, not implausible at all. As far as the Clantons are concerned, no one would consider hiring either as babysitters, or even dogcatchers, if one had really examined the evidence against them, and knew about all the mysterious deaths of people who knew too much. Your favorite phrase is "connect the dots," isn't it? Politicians don't need to be convicted beyond a reasonable doubt to be disqualified. Just the hint of stench is enough for me.

Bill