homestead - Re: [Homestead] peat moss?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] peat moss?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 19:20:26 -0500

Bill Jones wrote:

Most plants decompose with the help of bacteria and those same bacteria
will often suck up nitrogen in the soil. Chances are you mulched and
mulched good to conserve water, but in the process you may have
inadvertently robbed your bushes of nitrogen.
Yes, I'm abundantly familiar with this from using free "manure", and that's what led me to alfalfa. But why did Lynda praise it so?

I dunno, ask her..I haven't read all the posts yet

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.