baslinux - Re: [BL] wifi networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wifi networking
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:28:09

On 12 Sep 07 at 13:02, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

>All of the modules got compiled (make all) but did not all get into my
>package, so I just added airo.o and orinoco.o and uploaded the package
>again. Sorry. 119K package.

The modules for the 2.4.31 kernel and Avaya card loaded successfully.
Thank you, Sindi.

After loading the modules cardmgr tries to execute

/etc/pcmcia/network start eth0

and fails with the error:

/var/run/pcmcia-scheme: No such file or directory

The eth0 seems suspicious to me. What is the script network supposed
to do?

Another file that seems to be involved is

/etc/pcmcia/config.opt

that is included at the end of /etc/pcmcia/config. The whole file
was commented out, I tried to activate at least one line:

# Options for WaveLAN/IEEE driver (AccessPoint mode)...
module "wvlan_cs" opts "station_name=MY_PC"
# Options for WaveLAN/IEEE driver (ad-hoc mode)...
#module "wvlan_cs" opts "port_type=3 channel=1 station_name=MY_PC"

Probably this is one more step of configuring the wireless network?

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov