baslinux - Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:32:40 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 03:28:25 +0000 (UTC)
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> I searched on 'linux TV tuner card' with google/linux and got 'about
> 67,000 hits'. There is something about a bttv package, and xawtv program,
> tvtime, and video4linux.

Yes, I have xawtv with SUSE. That works just fine, it just doesn't get
anything to play - no channels.
And I know the arial is good - I also run a tiny dvd/digital-TV off the same
arial extension and that works very well.

It seems that xine is also able to take the tv output and display it,
provided the card is installed and connected. And probably mplayer, too.

> You probably need a kernel that will take the
> relevant tuner module. I can try to compile you something.

That would be great. Thank you. I haven't a clue how to go about
compiling the correct module.
It is mentioned on the makers website, but I don't really understand it.

The card is a FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus Low Profile card from DViCO. It uses
a Conexant CX2388x Decoder.

> There is a Linux Tutorial: Video, DVD, DVD player, TV and Multimedia (36
> pages) and http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialVideo.html

I will have a look at that. Thanks.

> I would be interested to hear how it goes.
>
> Have you tried watching internet TV? Steven reported on it a while back
> and I even got a tiny-screen Russian comedy via modem, using mplayer.

Yes, I did get that to work a bit. My adsl connection is only 256 kb/s so
it isn't really fast enough for anything but a tiny resolution.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke