baslinux - Re: [BL] wifi networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wifi networking
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:38:58 +0000 (UTC)

I can use a BL2 computer as a gateway and BL3.50 on another desktop on the internet between two desktop computers.

The same software setup with the desktop connected via modem and the laptop connected via wireless router which is connected via ethernet cable to the desktop will not let me go online. I will try it directly connected via ethernet cable some time to isolate the problem. Has anyone else used a laptop online via wireless connection to a gateway desktop?

Sindi

It is working right now between the two desktops. ip-on for the computer
with the modem, gw-on for the other one, which has a transparent
connection to the internet that I am using to type over. BL2 on both
computers. I will try again with BL3.50.

I can ping between the desktop and laptop.

I cannot use the internet from the laptop - I cannot ping an address or
access it via a browser.