baslinux - Re: [BL] wifi networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wifi networking
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:59:53

On 10 Sep 07 at 22:27, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

>Mu linksys WPC11 wireless pcmcia card that also uses orinoco_cs.o failed
>miserably in one of my Toshiba laptop computers, but worked in the other
>with kernel 2.4.31. With 2.2.26 it segfaulted.
>
>Try the same card with 2.4.31 kernel and modules, and/or in a different
>computer.
>
>aironet worked in all my computers with both kernels.
>
>http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31 contains several kernels (try
>bzimagla.431 which is a small one for laptops, not sure if it will support
>wireless) and both packages of modules-la*.tgz (the second contains the
>pcmcia modules).
>
>Did this card work before it was given to you?
>

> Sindi

Hi Sindi, I have downloaded the driver software for W98, now. The
card obviously worked with W98 on a different laptop. As I do not
want to work with W98, I am trying to run it in Linux - usually with
this attitude I end up figuring out how to do it in DOS ;-)

I still have your 2.4.31 kernels, but I could not find the modules
(orinoco, orinoco_cs and hermes) in your packet. Another issue
would probably be which version of wireless-tools to use.

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov