baslinux - Re: [BL] wifi networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wifi networking
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:30:10

On 11 Sep 07 at 14:03, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

>>> http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31 contains several kernels (try
>>> bzimagla.431 which is a small one for laptops, not sure if it will
>>> support wireless) and both packages of modules-la*.tgz (the second
>>> contains the pcmcia modules).
>>>
>>> Did this card work before it was given to you?

Yesterday I tried the Avaya card under W98. I did not configure
the network, but the card was able to scan the local wireless
networks.

>The previous pcmcia modules directory renamed:
>http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/modules-pcmcia-withcardbus-431.tgz It
>contains the cardbus (cb) modules. Has anyone used them with BL?
>
>Only 16-bit pcmcia modules without wireless (in a client directory)
>http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/modules-pcmcia-431.tgz
>
>The wireless modules were in a separate wireless directory:
>(airo.o hermes.o orinoco.o and the *cs.o modules)
>http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/modules-pcmcia-wireless-431.tgz

I downloaded these module packets, but could not find orinoco.o that
will be necessary to initialize the card. It would be great if you
could compile this one, too.

>http://keesan.freeshell.org/cardmgr-glibc225
>http://keesan.freeshell.org/cardctl-glibc225
>
>The latest (or nearly latest) cardmgr and cardctl for glibc 2.2.5 but the
>ones from Slackware should also work. Steven provided only cardmgr, which
>can be used to get card info but the websites all call for cardctl. cardmgr
>-o

Until now cardmgr from Slackware 7.1 and the wireless-tools
which I am able to compile in that environment will do the job.
I will, however, not be able to compile kernels.

Regards,
Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov