baslinux - Re: [BL] wifi networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wifi networking
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:52:13

On 11 Sep 07 at 17:44, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

>Cardbus is 32-bit, while non-cardbus is 16-bit. Cardbus PCMCIA cards
>will
>not fit into non-cardbus PCMCIA slots (unless you exert undue pressure, as I
>once did, unfortunately). A picture's worth a thousand words:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pcmcia-type-ii-and-iii.jpg

Now I understand what bumps and lips are.

>You could
>probably look up info on your laptop on the internet to see whether it has
>cardbus slot(s) or not.

The specification says:

----------
PCCard Support:
O2Micro OZ6933 controller
1 Type III or 2 Type II / Type I
----------

>From that I understand that my slot is able to connect two small
PCMCIA cards (type I and II) or one fat card. But they are
non-Cardbus cards. Right?

But that would mean that the problem I had in BL3 is not due to
Cardbus incompatibility.

>James

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov