baslinux - Re: [BL] wifi networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wifi networking
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:03:15 +0000 (UTC)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31 contains several kernels (try
bzimagla.431 which is a small one for laptops, not sure if it will support
wireless) and both packages of modules-la*.tgz (the second contains the
pcmcia modules).

Did this card work before it was given to you?

Sindi

Hi Sindi, I have downloaded the driver software for W98, now. The
card obviously worked with W98 on a different laptop. As I do not
want to work with W98, I am trying to run it in Linux - usually with
this attitude I end up figuring out how to do it in DOS ;-)

I still have your 2.4.31 kernels, but I could not find the modules
(orinoco, orinoco_cs and hermes) in your packet. Another issue
would probably be which version of wireless-tools to use.

Christof

The previous pcmcia modules directory renamed:
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/modules-pcmcia-withcardbus-431.tgz
It contains the cardbus (cb) modules. Has anyone used them with BL?

Only 16-bit pcmcia modules without wireless (in a client directory)
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/modules-pcmcia-431.tgz

The wireless modules were in a separate wireless directory:
(airo.o hermes.o orinoco.o and the *cs.o modules)
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/modules-pcmcia-wireless-431.tgz

I edited blfiles.htm to provide links. Please report errors.

You can put them all in /lib/modules/2.4.31/pcmcia
or /lib/modules/2.4.31/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/client and ...../wireless

I had deleted my pcmcia stuff and had to recompile. It is simple to compile the pcmcia modules if you already have kernel source tree. Do NOT enable pcmcia in kernel source config. make config make all.

Compiling pcmcia made a bunch of tools. Does anyone want ide_info ifport ifuser pcic_probe and scsi_info?

http://keesan.freeshell.org/cardmgr-glibc225
http://keesan.freeshell.org/cardctl-glibc225

The latest (or nearly latest) cardmgr and cardctl for glibc 2.2.5 but the ones from Slackware should also work. Steven provided only cardmgr, which can be used to get card info but the websites all call for cardctl. cardmgr -o