baslinux - Re: [BL] wifi networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wifi networking
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:30:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

7. To use the desktop modem connection on the laptop after
establishing the network connection as above:

On laptop:
route add default gw 192.168.1.2

script gw-on

On desktop:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
ipchains -P forward DENY
ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j MASQ

script iw-on (desktop with modem)

I am online with the desktop and I made an ip-on script which does the
echo and the two ipchains lines, and a gw-script with the route line
(route add default gw 192.168.1.2 - the IP number of my desktop which is
connected to the internet).

This worked last year between two desktops with ethernet cable.

It is working right now between the two desktops. ip-on for the computer with the modem, gw-on for the other one, which has a transparent connection to the internet that I am using to type over. BL2 on both computers. I will try again with BL3.50.

I can ping between the desktop and laptop.

I cannot use the internet from the laptop - I cannot ping an address or
access it via a browser.