baslinux - [BL] Ghostscript 8.60

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Ghostscript 8.60
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 03:35:07 +0000 (UTC)

I have compiled the latest gs (for deskjet and laserjet printers, and p?m formats, displays with svp) but it is 9MB. Said to support CUPS.
I will upload if anyone wants it. glibc 2.2.5

gs 8.54 is 2.7MB. I don't need CUPS.

It did not fix the problem I have with a pdf file which contains 2 11.55" pages of scanned copy per page of pdf file as viewed with xpdf.

pdfimages extracts 11.55" pbm files containing both pages squished vertically to fit.

gs prints the bottom 11" of each 23" page, unsquished.

It was scanned at 200 dpi so I used pnmenlarge and then printed the 400 dpi files at 600 dpi and used a large magnifying glass to read them. If I tripled it to 600 dpi and printed, I lost the top 1/2" of the squished double pages but the remainder was readable when I removed my glasses.

What did the person faxing this from Poland possibly to do create such a monster? I almost gave up and translated from the screen of the other computer (since I am still using DOS wordperfect to wordprocess).

Karolis and I are still working on the tex > latex > rtf project (with a side excursion to compiling and packages a smaller vi that will still center and right align). tex can be converted to dvi to view it, then to rtf via latex to send formatted text to MS users. vi will let you wordwrap while typing (between words) and then unwrap each paragraph to send someone who wants to edit without hard line breaks.