baslinux - Re: [BL] wifi networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wifi networking
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:44:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Christof wrote:

Does it have a gold lip with bumps?

Sorry, I am not completely sure about what bumps look like. Difficult
to say whethere there is a lip. Definitely not a golden one. The
Avaya card is silver metallic and fits into one of the slots so that
there is no room for another one to be put into the second slot.

BL3 does not do CardBus.

So CardBus must be something very mean. Please do not try to explain
it to me, if it is too complicated ;-)

Cardbus is 32-bit, while non-cardbus is 16-bit. Cardbus PCMCIA cards will not fit into non-cardbus PCMCIA slots (unless you exert undue pressure, as I once did, unfortunately). A picture's worth a thousand words: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pcmcia-type-ii-and-iii.jpg You could probably look up info on your laptop on the internet to see whether it has cardbus slot(s) or not.

James