baslinux - Re: [BL] Lucent modem, was Re: floppy version

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Lucent modem, was Re: floppy version
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:52:39 +0000 (UTC)

Something affecting ppp has changed between BL3.40
and BL3.50.

There was no change to kernel, modules, pppsetup,
eznet, pppd. There were some minor changes to /dev
but I can't see how that could be related to this
issue.

Busybox changed. What changed in /dev?

What changed was I made /dev/ttyLT0 wrong. Please include /dev/ttyLT0 in future BL's. Lucent modems are the only winmodems I have got to work (having tried jaton and pctel as well) and they are common, even found in one of our laptops.

I found the two lt modules at the BL site.

Does anyone want any other devices added?

One solution to using BL3 with USB storage is to boot with David Moberg's 1-floppy USB linux and transfer files to ext2 with it before rebooting (or chrooting) to BL3. Or if you have DOS on the computer, use a DOS boot disk with USB capabilities (except it won't work with my SM card reader). Win98 will do USB storage if you add nusb23e.exe.

Can one make a 2.4 kernel smaller by hand-editing the source code?