baslinux - Re: [BL] floppy version

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] floppy version
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 17:11:45 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> forcing me to use a mouse until I get xmodmap
> and a map copied to the free space on disk 2,

There's no need to copy xmodmap. It's already
part of BL3. See: /usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap

> modules are too large for the free space

I think there's now more free space on the
second floppy: 51kb. Is that enough?
Otherwise you could unpack disk2.tgz, delete
the modules you don't need, add the modules
you want, repack it and copy it to disk 2.

> I see there is a video item on the menu which
> lists other modes, but no obvious suggestion
> that I noticed of how to set up with them.
> Maybe I missed that. (I know I can edit Xconfig,
> but is that option listed in the jwm menu some
> place?).

Edit settings > Xvesa parameters

> Could I use the lucent and ethernet modules and
> msmtp and xmodmap from a third floppy disk if I
> have enough RAM?

You've got 1.3mb available on the current ramdisk.
If you need more, you can create an additional
4mb ramdisk:
--------------------------------------
mke2fs /dev/ram2 4096
mount -t ext2 /dev/ram2 /usr/local/bin
In the above example, I mounted the ramdisk at
/usr/local/bin so that it would be in the PATH,
but you can mount it anywhere (/mnt /tmp /hd
or wherever you want).

> Next project is to set up to compile for libc5.

There are several messages in the archives about
doing this. If you can't find them, let me know
and I go over it again.