baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 03:25:50 +0000 (UTC)

Tried to test the HP with i810 but there is no way to switch between PCI and AGP (onboard i810) video in BIOS and the PCI card we put in is under the power supply. I will try the IBM (which switches between videos in BIOS) later this week with Xvesa and xterm in BL2, and maybe also the svga server, if the i810 server does not fix Lee's problem.

Does xterm instead of rxvt help with the 'xterm' problem, with Xvesa or i810 X server?

What are the listings under Advanced in BIOS setup? Anything about boot or video? 512K RAM won't do more than 16 colors at 800x600.

Someone once mentioned getting USB video cards, to run four monitors at once from his laptop for a form of widescreen TV, with a TV tuner card.