baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 11:44:56 +1300

Lee Forrest wrote:

> > > Total memory: 512 kilobytes
> > There is your problem. Can you up that in your BIOS config?
>
> No.
> But why is it a problem? This same image I've been using
> looks real with debian.

The 512kb is a problem for Xvesa. It probably isn't
a problem for the Xserver you are using in Debian.

> > I suggest you put 640x400x16 in /etc/Xconfig
>
> That gives a little better color in the image

That color depth (16) = 65536 colors
Your previous depth (4) = 16 colors

> but no more detail

That resolution = 640x400
Your previous = 640x480 (or was it 800x600?)

I wasn't looking for more detail. I was looking
for the best resolution with more than 16 colors.

> and screwed up my xterms badly

Of course. Your xterms were configured for a
different screen size.