baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 01:55:07 +0000 (UTC)

The only thing remotely related to video is this:

Primary Graphic Device [External PCI]

I presume it is not set to this right now. If you set it to onboard AGP, you don't have any choice of shared memory size?

But I'm not getting a video card. Don't have a slot for it, for
How many slots came with the machine? One for the serial card and what else?

Someone once mentioned getting USB video cards, to run four monitors at
once from his laptop for a form of widescreen TV, with a TV tuner card.
Sindi

I prefer the software solution. The i810 server should give me graphics as
excellent as those on debian.

More than 1MB will give you more excellent graphics, unless you don't want more colors and resolution. I hope agpgart works with the i810 server.

I _have_ enjoyed testing the limits of Xvesa, though.

Thanks a lot,

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful