baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 03:49:40 +0000 (UTC)

It looks like Xvesa is completely unaware of agpgart
(which I suppose is not that surprising). Therefore,
if you are going to use Xvesa for X, you will be
limited to the modes it can produce. It appears
that 640x400x16 is the best it will do for you
unless Sindi can find a way for you to up the video
RAM to 1mb.

Lee claimed earlier that he could not find a way to change video RAM. If it is really not under Advanced, I suggest finding online instructions for his version of Phoenix BIOS since his computer is newer than our three with the i810 video.

I would never pay money for this chip. Crummy sound, difficult to use video.