baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:57:35 +0000 (UTC)

I can make it fit the screen by changing the geometry, but it isn't
usable with that huge font.

The font is set in ~/.Xdefaults at: rxvt*font: 6X9

I'd really like 16 bit, so if there is anyway to make this work, it
would be great.

I don't know how much this would help at that kind of resolution, but there
is such a thing
as a 5x7 fixed font. Not sure if there's anything smaller than that. Looks to
me like you
may be reaching the end of the line with Xvesa's capabilites and may need to
install a more
full-fledged X to get your video more useable.

James

Would it help to try xterm instead of rxvt? Rxvt is sort of like Xvesa, smaller but probably cannot handle as much different hardware. Steven refers to it in the menu as xterm.

Steven, is the BL3.40 rxvt from Slackware 4.0 or did you compile it?

If Debian xterm works properly, what version is it?

The i810 handles both video and sound on three of our computers (DELL, HP, IBM - all in very small cases so they needed to put more features onboard). On the 1.4GHz no-brand that a friend gave us because it will not take 1GB RAM, it handles only sound. i810.o sound sort of works with 2.4.31 but only at one frequency, so most of the sound programs do not work. Mplayer and I think timidity do work (they can convert between frequencies, which may affect sound quality) and I do not need the others, but I have several ES1370 and ES1371 cards with much better reviews as to how they sound.