baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:12:57 +0000 (UTC)

Lee wrote concerning his Gateway with onboard AGP i810 video which is working with only 512K of shared onboard RAM, probably because the BIOS is set to that. Debian and XP access 1MB, possibly by ignoring the BIOS setting.

The only thing remotely related to video is this:

Primary Graphic Device [External PCI]

I presume it is not set to this right now. If you set it
to onboard AGP, you don't have any choice of shared memory
size?

You did not answer my question above. It may solve your problem!!!!

Please set it to AGP and tell me whether it now tells you anything about 512K memory, and whether you can change it to 1MB with + or - or however you change settings in this BIOS setup program.

The choices are AGP or PCI and it has always been set as
above. There is no 'External PCI' so therefore it must have
chosen AGP anyway.

Yes, but it appears have chosen it with a default 512K.
The default of External PCI is probably so that when people add a PCI video card and do not know what they are doing, it will display to that card.