baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 23:41:33 +0000

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 03:49:40AM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
> > It looks like Xvesa is completely unaware of agpgart
> > (which I suppose is not that surprising). Therefore,
> > if you are going to use Xvesa for X, you will be
> > limited to the modes it can produce. It appears
> > that 640x400x16 is the best it will do for you
> > unless Sindi can find a way for you to up the video
> > RAM to 1mb.
>
> Lee claimed earlier that he could not find a way to change video RAM. If
> it is really not under Advanced,

No, Sindi, I was lying to you about that. I really don't want to be able
to display images on BL at all.

I'm just playing a practical joke on the whole group for my twisted
amusement

> I suggest finding online instructions for
> his version of Phoenix BIOS since his computer is newer than our three
> with the i810 video.
> I would never pay money for this chip. Crummy sound, difficult to use
> video.

The video is excellent, and easy to use, on an old debian that I have.
Never had a single problem with it.

And back when I ran windoze and used the sound, it was quite good.

Though I fail to see what the video chip has to do with sound.

_I_ would never fish a piece of garbage computer out of a dumpster
and spend the next year trying to get it to work pathetically.

Different strokes for different folks.

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful