baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 03:32:28 +0000 (UTC)

Don't tell me about documentation. I spent about 30+ years
modifying, or designing and building electronic hardware and
writing up documentation for the work I did. And I very quickly
found that good documenation usually takes many times longer than
the work that it was done for.

You are obviously the best qualified to write up documentation for BL3 from the aspect of a newbie, as you learn it. After which Steven can add a link to your site from the Miscellaneous files and information link.

My partner spent 20 years writing up his own 4K text editor in Assembler language and the documentation is about 20 words. He does not write well, nor do some other programmers.

The problem is that the group members are running with the
subject while I am still trying to learn how to walk, and
apparently some of you object to taking the trouble to explain
basics to me, and resent the fact that an ignorant person like me
DARES to post in this list.

All I resent is your attitude. And the fact that you are not bothering to search the archives for answers before posting your questions, many of which have been asked numerous times before. I agree we need a newer FAQ to contain the more common answers.

If someone will direct me to a suitable discussion group where
the members really DO want to help absolutely basic new users,
then I will trouble the members of this group no more.

There are several groups for new linux users which you could find via a search. I think Steven linked to one or more in the links home page.
I got help from one when this list could not solve problems for me.
Greg