baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: connecting via Ethernet

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: connecting via Ethernet
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 23:01:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Robert Steinmetz wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
>
> >If Robert Steinmetz happens to know the name of the DOS utility I could
> >look for that and avoid this large download.
> >

> I believe the correct file is 3c5x9cfg.exe or close to that. You may
> also need some other files, I'm not sure. I always had the complete disks.

After I did the large download, David Lane sent me a file with just the
DOS stuff in it, including the above diagnostic file. It worked fine,
told me the address and irq, and I have that 3com card working now, the
only ISA card of three that worked for me. I did not reset anything.
I don't think I actually had to specify the address and irq with that
driver module. (Things are getting sort of blurry by now as I did five
realtek, three winbond, three kingston, and one 3com card, of which all
but three worked.)