baslinux - Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 19:47:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> First we have one last computer to set up, and I will try with links this
> time. I don't follow how to use links to download from another computer.
> How do I view files that are on another computer? links 192.168.1.2?

As I recall Steven describing this earlier, it is necessary to run an http
server on the computer you want to transfer files *from.* You cd to the
directory where the files you want your other host to be able to access
are and execute the http server start script there (httpd maybe?). Then,
you can access those files form another host on your network and press d
in links to download them to the host on which links is running. Without
using an http server, it won't work.

James