baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: connecting via Ethernet

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: connecting via Ethernet
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 11:43:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 May 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > Is there some way to unpackage an .exe file with linux?
>
> If the .exe file is a self-extracting zip, you might be able
> to unzip it with a Linux unzip. It works for me using the
> unzip from Slackware 7.1, but I don't know whether the one
> in BL3 (busybox) has that capability.

Thanks. I also found a version of one 1.4M package (for DOS, linux, SCO,
NWSERVER, all the Windows....., with 30K DOS files) in .zip form. I
discovered you can run an .exe self-extracting file (in DOS) with /d
switch like you can pkunzip, so that all the files don't overwrite.There
was a w840nd.dos file in each subdirectory, same length - is this the same
file or is it different for linux and SCO? (winbond-840.o needed for
linux on this one, and I am hoping they include winbond-840.c and makefile
in here somewhere so I can try to compile for this 100Bmit card).