baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: connecting via Ethernet

  • From: Robert Steinmetz <rob AT steinmetznet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: connecting via Ethernet
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 17:09:16 -0500

Sindi Keesan wrote:

If Robert Steinmetz happens to know the name of the DOS utility I could
look for that and avoid this large download.

I believe the correct file is 3c5x9cfg.exe or close to that. You may also need some other files, I'm not sure. I always had the complete disks.

I used to put it on a DOS boot floppy and run it from there. Once the card is set it generally retains all of the settings.

Please be sure you get the right version of the config program there are many versions of the 3c509 and they are not all completely compatible.

I remember that for a long time the 'C' version of the card was not supported on one operating system I ran and I have to specifically purchase the older, more expensive 'B' version.

--
Robert Steinmetz AIA
Principal