baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: connecting via Ethernet

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: connecting via Ethernet
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 23:31:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Ron Clarke wrote:

> Hi Sindi,
>
> On Tue, 11 May 2004 17:31:36 -0400 (EDT)
> Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there some
> > way to use network cards in DOS? We have been using llpro to transfer BL2
> > ramdisk and then BL2 to transfer the hard drive BL2.
>

> If you can get the cards setup properly in DOS, then llpro can use
> that connection too.

> Regards,
> Ron

Can you explain how to set up ethernet cards in DOS? I found what I think
is DOS drivers for some of mine at www.network-drivers.com:

3com Etherlink III 3c83509TP 3c509x2.exe (x1 is Windows) ISA

Realtek RTL8029AS - 1.4M file includes Windows, DOS, linux, SCO....
(I did not download this one) files with lmdos pcind in the names
(working well in linux with ne2k-pci)

Winbond w89c906F (ISA) for which I don't know the address 906setup.zip
for lanstar (what is that?) or another one with .dat .exe and .hlp files
that looks more like Windows.

Winbond w89c940F (pci, working well in linux ne2k-pci). drv94018.zip for
Windows 9X and DOS (lansvr, mslansman - what are these?)

Winbond w89c840F (pci, 100Mbit, no driver for SW71) drv84011.exe for
Win9x and DOS

Kingston KNET111TC - 100Mbit, tulip.o works in BL2, could not find a DOS
driver, I may have copied this name wrong.

What do I do with the DOS drivers and do I need to have some program
called lansvr or mslansman to use with them? And if I get it working in
DOS, how do I use llpro with the network cards? Do I just load drivers
first and then start llpro? What does the filename of a driver look like
and what do I do with it?