baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: connecting via Ethernet

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: connecting via Ethernet
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:02:32 -0400 (EDT)

I hit DEL when booting and went into Setup and changed something in
PNP/PCI section so that IRQs 11 and 12 are now PCI instead of legacy.

insmod 8390 (okay)
insmod 3c59x - Device or resource busy
insmod ne 'Use of PCI-ne2000 driver recommended!'
(and it identified io 0x6500 and irq 12)
insmod ne2k-pci: No useable cards found, driver NOT installed'

route

eth0 is not on the list.

Is this or is this not a pci card? Linux tells me first that it is not
really a pci card, then treats it as if it were, then tells me to load the
pci module, then says it cannot find a pci ethernet card, if I understand
the above correctly. It seems to be rather confused, as am I. Help!

I see why the rummage sale does not sell cards with BNC connectors, which
means that they are older and thus probably more prone to these problems.
They had about 20 to 30 of the newer ones (most of which we donated).

At least all my parallel ports take the same plip module.