baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 12:22:13 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > Might you rename it baslin3 to help keep track of which
> > basiclinux is in the directory?
>
> The C:\baslin directory is hard-wired into BL3. Changing it
> would not be simple.

I was suggesting that you consider doing this, not that I learn to do it.
On our various computers, Bl2 is in 'BL2' 'blinux' and 'baslinux' (two of
us have different ideas where to put it) and there is also a BL1 directory
on one computer. It is going to be a bit difficult to remember where to
find BL3 - in baslin, baslinux, blinux?

> > > To mount a DOS floppy:
> > > ---------
> > > mount /fd
> > > ---------
> >
> > Is this an alias
>
> No. It is an entry in /etc/fstab.
>
> > and will mount /dev/fd0 /fd also still work?
>
> Yes, that should work, too. However, without the -t parameter,
> it looks for an ext2 filesystem first and complains if it doesn't
> find one. So, if the floppy is DOS, the long form should be::
> ---------------------------
> mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /fd
> ---------------------------
> I think it is much simpler to do: mount /fd

For my dyslexic partner, I made aliases such as

A - mounts the first floppy drive under /A.

Most of my computers have two floppy drives. I like 360K disks.
They almost never go bad.

> > Is it Tuesday there already?
>
> Yes, Tuesday afternoon.

Here in EST land (Eastern US) I got BL3 a day ahead of your schedule, on
Monday late evening. The rest of the US would have got it up to 3 hours
earlier, which is probably why James managed a more thorough test.