homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:18:24 -0700 (PDT)

My son was dying due to massive trauma  a few years back due to masssive
trauama.  We all had access to all medical info (immediately 3 family) the
whole time, and actually they updated us every 3 hours or more often as
needed round the clock for 3 weeks.

However, by day 3, I was approached by docs and probably a hosp lawyer, and
made the proxy.  Son was still conscious at this point, but not legally in a
position to make decisions.  I used to work open heart and trama every other
weekend.  I knew what was going on.

I don't know what is in the HIPPA, but it must have been totally ignored in
the trauma center.

yes, though, when you go in hospital, I have noticed immediatleyl you get
offered the DNR stuff.