homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 09:43:30 -0800

I don't think there should be any umbrella bills. PERIOD! One premise, one bill. We need insurance reform. It needs its own clear and concise bill. We need Medicare/Medicaid reform with heavy emphasis on closing loopholes and prosecuting WITH stiff penalties (loss of license if born here, deported if not born here [btw scream profiling but the facts are the facts, the % of foreign born "profiteers" is far higher than the % of "natural born" citizen fraud). We need a network of well-staffed (not graduated 303 in a class of 304 or a bunch of FNPs and PAs) clinics with a sliding scale for folks who don't have insurance. Everyone gets Medicaid or Medicare who don't have insurance, if they should os choose, with a buy in and share of cost depending on ability to pay.

We don't need 53 new bureaucracies. We don't need stupid things like marriage counseling by a psychiatrist or psychologist for folks in a convo. We don't need, we don't need, we don't need about covers the whole bill.

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.

----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

That too. But the amophisms, says I, are not so much in individual
vagueries but rather in saying one thing in one section and the opposite in
another. You are probably familiar with Claire Wolfe's 'You are Probably and
Outlaw' series in Backwoods magazine. The premise being that there are so many
Byzantine and contradictory laws, you cannot help be be breaking some of them
just in your day to day affairs. Then the aurthorities have the option of
selectively enforcing them or not giving them carte blache to harass you if
they choose .... or not.

Like that, the purpose of a 1000 page bill like this one is so that once it
is passed, you can call up and enforce whatever bits and pieces of it you
want and ignore the rest. It's like a big box of Legos, once you have such a
convoluted bill passed, you can build whatever reality out of it you choose.

Not gonna happen, but my take would be to allow the Prez and Congress to
write whatever sort of health care bill they like ..... you have fifty pages
of no less than 10 point type and that's it. Thirty maybe.