homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 22:41:49 -0800

There is a section in the bill where if you make "x" dollars or less, they will pick up part of what you pay or something of the sort.

Any which way you look at it you are talking bankrupting the country.

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.

Ok, maybe some of you can clear this up.
The President keeps saying that we can keep our insurance plans if we
want to and are satisfied with it.
To me, that is just a weird thing to say...
We pay over $600/month for medical insurance-our portion of the
premium-his employers pays the other half.
Of course, we pay taxes like everyone else.

So here is my question...
We could sure use that 600 bucks elsewhere-maybe even a medical savings
account, so if the government will provide, I would certainly drop the
plan we have for a less expensive or free one, after all, I am a
taxpayer who is paying for that plan, too.

Why *should* I keep my BCBS plan when it is outrageously expensive?
If I ditch my plan, and others do the same, it won't take long until
private insurance will be a thing of the past, and we will either
overwhelm Obamacare or bankrupt the government.

What am I missing here?
Why would anyone keep their insurance if there is a free program that
will insure me?