homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 21:14:51 -0800

I'd blame it all on "new math" except the last prez was also math deficient and he went to school before "new math" was invented. Could it be in the water in the DC Whorehouse?

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie" <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>

Have you received your White House Spam today?

If you have, you must certainly feel loved by the Shiney One........... <puke puke>

The White House has started their own Spam Campaign. Why am I not surprised? When he was running for office, the only way I could attempt to find out what his platforms were, was to provide an email address.... I absolutely didn't like what I read, and had no intention of looking any further at him for a candidate. The next thing I know I was getting spam from his campaign.

OK, let's see.

A lot of people don't have insurance. So the government is going to force people to get purchase insurance. Who benefits? Are the health care providers by any chance going to get a windfall amount of business from previously untapped customers? We can call this Stimulus III (Stimulus I was for Wall Street, Stimulus II was for auto workers), and Stimulus IV will be a round 2 for wall street.

And people who previously couldn't afford insurance now have to PAY insurance premiums,,,,,,, uh with what money? (Regardless if full or reduced rates.)

Small employers are probably eyeballing that 8% penalty tax if they don't provide health insurance, and those small enough can easier fire some people get down to the next lower penalty tax. Course another idea would be to decrease wages by that 8% citing the increased tax burdon, and let their employees go ahead and sign for for Obamacare. Say what? Well government is effectively trying to force employers to provide a benefit that far exceeds 8% of a lot of people's monthly wage. It costs them less to take the penalty than to get a private policy, hence people are forced into Obamacare, and of course nothing stops employers from lowering wages, as least not yet in the hyperinflation cycle.

Is Obama-math based on forcing people to pay premiums, with some pigs more equal than others, and the more equal ones get discounts on their premiums..... and then reducing benefits covered,,,,,,,,,,, and somehow this fuzzy math isn't supposed to impact the government budget... yeah right. But under Obama-math, this won't bankrupt the nation. I take it this is the blue pill.....

He reminds me of my old boss............ who couldn't understand for the life him that if he sold his services/products for less than cost that he couldn't even break-even, more less make a profit............ and the scary thing is he had a 4 year degree in finance.......... from one of the esteemed schools.