homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 08:01:59 EDT

> >The object of the way this bill is written is to have folks "think" it
> is
> amorphous.

That too. But the amophisms, says I, are not so much in individual
vagueries but rather in saying one thing in one section and the opposite in
another. You are probably familiar with Claire Wolfe's 'You are Probably and
Outlaw' series in Backwoods magazine. The premise being that there are so
many
Byzantine and contradictory laws, you cannot help be be breaking some of them
just in your day to day affairs. Then the aurthorities have the option of
selectively enforcing them or not giving them carte blache to harass you if
they choose .... or not.

Like that, the purpose of a 1000 page bill like this one is so that once it
is passed, you can call up and enforce whatever bits and pieces of it you
want and ignore the rest. It's like a big box of Legos, once you have such a
convoluted bill passed, you can build whatever reality out of it you choose.

Not gonna happen, but my take would be to allow the Prez and Congress to
write whatever sort of health care bill they like ..... you have fifty pages
of no less than 10 point type and that's it. Thirty maybe.

James