homestead - Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The future of eldercare in the US
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 21:19:33 -0800

The object of the way this bill is written is to have folks "think" it is amorphous.

However, careful reading, and knowing how the game is played, will give you a very definitive answer as to what they are trying to do.

One paragraph on rural hospital funding is very telling. It says that the fee schedules "may not be reduced by more than 2%."

Politicians and the Shiney Thing, oh great telepromptor reading himself, will tell you "the bill does not say we *are* cutting DHS fee schedules." Nope, it certainly does not say *are.* However, just like anything the government says is "temporary" or "volunary," thinking folks know precisely what they are talking about. "may not be reduced by more than 2%" means "will be reduced by 2%."

And a lot of the gibberish is references to minor changes in language in other acts. Folks REALLY need to look at that. When you change an "or" to an "and," you have changed the whole definition of a clause in an act! There are LOTS of those. AND, folks aren't going to pay attention because they would need to do what I do and they won't (I have two computers going and I have a lot of the hard copies of the Medicare/Medicaid legislation.

This what they are counting on!

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.

----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>>

The current legislation(s), even in their clearest moments, are utterly
amorphous. The answers to you questions don't yet exist.