homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: vdjor AT yahoo.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:50:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sun, 7/19/09, Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have actually never been in the state of Missouri.  What
> is the natural disaster ratios?

We are a little bit east of the "tornado belt".  I've only found reference to
4 tornadoes ever touching down in this county.  The last 2 in 95 & 06, don't
know if that is a trend.

> And how cold in the winter?

Weather is variable.  It may get to zero a couple of times a year but can go
back up to fifty's in  less than a week.  More normal is below freezing at
night but back up to maybe 40 during the day.  because of fluctuating temps
snow doesn't stay on ground for very long.

> And most important of all, do they have Power Ball in your
> state!  It keeps hopes and dreams alive of being able to
> afford a loaf of bread in 2012... :-)

I saw the latest Power Ball numbers in the local paper so I guess that means
it is available here.

Van Dell