homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: cayadopi AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:46:03 -0800 (PST)

There are a couple of old , cliched 'sayings', leslie

1) If you owe the bank, ten thousand dollars and can not pay, you have a
problem; but if you owe the bank $10,000,000.00 and can not pay, 'the bank'
has the problem.

In other words. If you are going to be in debt, don't be a slouch about it.
And, as a nation, we are no slouches. We owe more, as a nation, than can
ever realistically be expected to be paid back.

2) He who has the gold makes the rules. 'Just substitute " the most guns,"
or "the most nuclear weapons" for "gold"