homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 13:54:52 -0800 (PST)

I don't have a clue why you are teaming me with the people about whom I
worry. My people, though not from the hills, are of the same stock as yours.
I know the tri-cities and I know from where I began. The similarities are
much stronger than the differences.

What the hell do you mean comparing me to barbarous telemarketers? I used no
such language. I stated what I believe is true, that barbarity is not only
possible, but is proven by history to be a good possiblitlity during societal
breakdown.

What you just said about yourself and your mountain people is no different
than what any reasonable man would say about himself and his clan. It is
easy to write on the internet. I have been in the situation , already , in
my life where I had to make a fast decision, concerning the relevance of the
physical well-being of another man as opposed to my own. To act decisively
in than instant is much different than saying what one 'would do'.

You may lecture me on homesteading, and the general philosophy of life, I
do learn from you. But, don't think you may tell me the definition of he who
is allowed to call himself a man. I do not regale people with those sorts
of tales of my past or future threats of my capabilities, because it is
vulgar.

If you think the people in your region are the best and brightest and most
capable, I am glad for your self-pride. That doesn't mean that I agree, it
just means that to argue is pointless. Knowing what I do about you, which is
limited, I do think you are prepared better than most, including me. I also
believe you and your people are strong. But; I also believe there is a
great strength and madness capable in the masses of people that you so easily
ridicule.

I guess I am on the side of 'better safe than sorry' and " I choose not to
confront except when absolutely necessary" to use cliches.

I prefer to learn from you rather than to argue with you; but I can't agree
when you present me as something I have never been.......