homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: cayadopi AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 19:01:21 -0800 (PST)

--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com> wrote:

 > Monied citizens have already been leaving, for the past year or so, have
been getting their $ out of the country. One big money manager for an
extremely wealthy European, who had been in US for years, moved operation to
Dubai last summer.  They were going to go to UK and changed
> mid-stream.

Events are occuring and changing so quickly , it is like a whipsaw to plan.
I have an acquaintance who months ago was talking of relocating to Spain for
several years. Events in Europe changed his mind, but the subsequent fall in
the Euro , again, changed his plans to a definite move to Europe. He just
returned from a visit; I'm going to see him maybe this weekend. I have no
intentions of leaving this country. I already wanted to homestead in an
isolated rural area of the U.S., before this calamity. But, I am curious to
the different ways that people intend to ride out these