homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 21:06:14 EST

> > I used no such language. I stated what I believe is true, that barbarity
> is not only possible, but is proven by history to be a good possiblitlity
> during societal breakdown.

And I stated my observation that your fears of a barbarous uprising are
unfounded because there has never been before now on the face of the earth
such a
generation of milktoasts and Pilsbury dough boys.

Like the peasants you cite from previous generations, my clan and many of the
people are hardened and ganrled as an old hickory stump. I made the
observation, Bob, that the very same suburban warriors you imagine are
probably not as
well equiped skill wise, mentally, or physically as YOU are, and yet even YOU
would be God's own fool to come to a place like this and try to use force to
get anything. EVEN if there were twenty of you to one of us.

Take any twenty 20 year olds from your alluded to population and I at 55 will
work 19 of them right into the ground. My 11 year old daughter will work
eleven or twelve of them into the ground.

What I mean to say, Bob, is that in discussions about how hard economic times
are likely to be, the observation that "oh, you'd better hope not, people
will rise up and come marauding in your are" is pure unmitigated bull sh*t.
don't care what depravity you imagine the rank and file Michellin man is
capable
of, in a crisis they will wet themselves and go sniveling off into the
shelters.

So don't get your shorts in a wad unless you want to put my hypothesis to the
test. Come here and stage a raid on the place by sneaking up on us the only
unobserved way you could get there -- up over Pine Mountain and through the
three miles of laurel thicket of the Mirkwood. See just how much you feel
like
marauding after that.

Until then your mythical marauding warriors are the stuff Saturday morning
cartoons are made of and have no potential in reality.

James
"Wha's like us? Damn few, and they're all a-deed!"