homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 17:40:13 -0800 (PST)

Look at how long it has taken some of you to get on the learning curveof
self-sufficiency and are prepared. (Yikes, I'm just starting.) How are
"city folks" supposed to do this in a reasonableamount of time? Maybe down
the road they will make that choice, but in an economic crisis they will be
awful hungry long before.  Those in the city will be angry & hungry people. A
lot of people in cities are armed.Some may remain civilized, but others will
resort to smash and grab and steal what food and supplies they can.
Obviously a few here are anticipating that. Others will demand food/supplies
from the government.  I suspect that Homeless/hungry is one of the type of
civil unrest that those Presidential Orders are prepared for. Google FEMA +
camps I've been hearing about them for several years now (and dismissed it as
extreme) and only recently even thought to google. While people on the
internet call them concentrationcamps (and many typos on
interpreting the Exec. Orders in some), I suspect they appear to be in place
for a) some type of disaster housing, or b) to house hungry homeless in the
event of a major depression or hyper-inflation resulting in the same thing in
the end, lots of hungry desperate people. Emphasis on desperate - desperate
people do desperate things. Being in a remote area, and self-sufficient under
those kind of circumstances - a good thing.And possibly also a target of the
government... as one of those presidential orders for FEMA includes being
able to control food distribution, production, farm, farm equipment, etc.
Granted some of this stuff about FEMA could be "paranoid internet rumors"..
but  Executive Order 10998ASSIGNING EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS FUNCTIONS TO THE
SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURESECTION 1. Scope. The Secretary of Agriculture
(hereinafter referred to as the Secretary) shall prepare national emergency
plans and develop preparedness programs covering: Food
resources, farm equipment, fertilizer, and food resource
facilities.......These plans and programs shall be designed to develop a
state of readiness in these areas with respect to all conditions of national
emergency.... SECTION 1. Scope. The Secretary of Agriculture (hereinafter
referred to as the Secretary) shall prepare national emergency plans and
develop preparedness programs covering: Food resources, farm equipment,
fertilizer, and food resource facilities, ............... These plans and
programs shall be designed to develop a state of readiness in these areas
with respect to all conditions of national emergency............... SEC. 2.
Definitions. As used in this order: (a) "Food resources" means all
commodities and products, simple, mixed or compound, or complements to such
commodities or products, that are capable of being eaten or drunk, by either
human beings or animals' irrespective of other uses to which such commodities
or products may
be.   http://www.disastercenter.com/laworder/10998.htm  Maybe the government
is not only anticipating civil unrest, homeless, hungry,but some form of
rebellion. One of these Presidential Orders includes aclause about rounding
up dissidents. Look at how they track the militia groups. Or howabout those
families in TX that had their own little community thing going on.Geez.....
(OK that the FBI, not FEMA,,,, but still Feds.)  What about rebellion against
capitalism? Do you think we're nearingthat stage? Leslie

--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure which of us thinks what anymore :-) I've never
been one of those 'end of the world' people. I think it's the frog
in the pot of water...conditions will just get worse and worse and people
will put up with it
and adjust. Or maybe some will come to their senses and live a more frugal
life.
I'm afraid that modern Americans don't have rebellion in them.

From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 20:40:17 EST
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org

> >Should that be horde? Way different meaning than hoard.

Yes, it should be horde. I should really finish that English as a Second
Language course.

>> And--not within--should that be well within?

Nope, 'not within' in that we are never going to see a horde of fat wheezing
accountants and financial advisors going on a rampage and making it to these
remote reaches of the world.

James