homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 08:37:03 -0800 (PST)

Worldwide demand has been increasing, even though US demand is decreasing and
will likely continue to decrease for the reasons you cite.

Sutained future decreased worldwide demand will depend on the length and
depth of a depression and the ability of individual nations to recover.  Here
in the US, the majority of citizens really don't have savings. It makes it
hard to recover as a nation when savings wealth has been and is being
destroyed.  Other nations in the rest of the world are not in the same
predicament, and should come thru rough times stronger and in a position to
bull ahead and continue consuming oil.  If so, oil prices rising again will
just make it harder for US citizens to pay for it.