homestead - Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 14:47:49 -0500

Both of my kids had to adjust to life on the dirt. TJ liked skateboarding and Kate was a rollerblader. Even on the patchy piece of asphalt we call a road, neither was really possible here. So, if you gotta play hardball and win over the kids, I'd say instead of hardball, play paintball!(or ride dirtbikes, mountain bikes, horses, ATV's etc.)
The trick is getting the kids to see dirt as their friend...

Lynda wrote:

BTW, youngest says you need more than a cement slab. You need a rail and a
ramp. Of course, two ramps, one on each end of the cement slab, would be
best. She says a skateboarder won't leave a home that has cement slab with
a rail and a ramp.<g>
--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda