homestead - Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: roxann <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 05:20:43 -0800 (PST)

Roxanne, I wish my mother had done some things differently when she was
young. She would have been happier, as would her children. (the same goes
for my father, incidentally). But, if you are 44, and your children are all
13 and older; I believe , biologically speaking; you have already done most
of the real mothering you are ever going to do.

Forget what you think society expects of a woman or a mother. Are you really
that impressed with our society? Enough to continue to abide by every
unwritten societal rule? Just be yourself. Your children and your husband
will be better off and happier dealing with you as a real person, living out
your true nature.

The homesteading alone part is sonething if which I am no assistance, for I
have never done such. Others on the list have. Regretting that I didn't do
things a different way is something I do know well. Your children are going
to love you, no matter what. And, if you and your husband have taught them
the correct manner in which to behave, they should be fine. They'll have to
discover who they are and their own desires, also.