homestead - Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Give up the dream? My dilemma
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:47:57 -0500

<< I can't imagine selling off my horses, chickens and dogs. I just
can't imagine not being here. But I also can't imagine how lonely it
might be if my kids AND my husband left. Well, I can imagine that
easier than leaving. And that's the problem. What kind of person does
it make me if I'm willing to let them go without me? >>

And then there's the other question, What kind of people does that
make them? The kids, of course, had not much choice in the move, but
your husband did. Not liking it doesn't make him a bad person, but
liking it doesn't make you one either.

Roxann; I agree with Marie on this. Your husband must have decided to move there at one time. HE'S the one who changed his mind. I lived in the city with my ex for 17 years on the agreement that we would move to the country eventually and do what I wanted. When we did, he was immediately miserable and made everyone miserable. I don't feel the least bit guilty that he didn't like it here; I didn't like the city, either. Ignore people who try to 'guilt' you...my own mother tells me that I "chased" my husband away, so I deserve any nasty thing that happens to me. You just learn to ignore it.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA