homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:01:16 -0400

bob ford wrote:

> On the other hand, my wife is a typical middle age woman who likes to
> socialize with middle age women ......bobford

I don't think it's a male/female thing. In my marriage, I was the one
who wanted a 'relationship' with the land. My ex was a city boy who
can't stand the country. Taking a city person and transplanting them to
the country is a risky business. What we see as an invigorating
challenge, they can see as deprivation. Being out in the country with
someone who is miserable really sucks the life out of you.

I don't know what kind of homesteading you want to do, and if your wife
is willing to help. If it involves raising food and animals, that's hard
to do alone. I'm healthy, but at 52 I just don't have the energy I did
30 years ago. I have so many plans, but not enough time/money/energy to
do them. Things fall down faster than I can fix them. I love this life,
but somedays I feel like I'm not doing it right. I have this dream that
someday I might get caught up.

Lynn Wigglesworth

http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298556/direct/01/