homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 23:12:19 -0400

I have no idea of how to picture 600000 acres. My house literally sits in the woods. In one direction, I can see one ridge line, NP woods. No sign of civilization can be seen from my house/yard,,,,just woods in all directions. There are two or three houses within a half mile, but there are more barns here than homes. I did put the aerial shots from Google up on http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13
BTW, Tervetuloa means Welcome in Finnish, in case anyone was wondering.

Bev

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Someday, if you ever make it out here to the land of *real* trees, you'll
have to come sit on my front deck.

Here the deck gives a view of the next 600,000 acres to the east an south, all forest and all unoccupied wilderness.

Lynda can probably say this same thing .... it wasn't by accident!