homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 22:33:23 -0800

:ppppp

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

To be honest, no. I have much family , but with a few exceptions (and outside of my immediate family) I don't have anything to do with family and no real interest.

Outside of my immediate family, most of my favorite relatives are dead, and their rural kids and grandkids have only aspired to try to live city life in the woods. 'a ridiculous concept in my book. If you want to pretend to be a city person, you should move to the city. I want to move to a rural area, rural enough, to cleanse myself of the city.

I do know what you mean. I have family in certain areas of the South that have been there as long as anyone can figure (the first white owners of the land. The Chickasaw and the Cherokee gave them the rights to the land just because they were so nice -- I'm seeing if Lynda is reading this post :-)

I want the relationship to the land more than to people. Life is short, I want that , I don't know how to explain. I guess you have to be a country man spending most of your life in the city to know what I mean. I want to live with the land. I can meet plenty of people, here (over 5 million)

On the other hand, my wife is a typical middle age woman who likes to socialize with middle age women ......bobford