homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music was Newsweek -
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 08:15:45 -0700 (PDT)

Lynn, clear live water is very important to me. I guess, like you, I'm at an
age where I want what I want. And, I want water. The good thing about
northern AR / So. missouri is the abundance of beautiful , live , clear
water. The fact that the Ozarks makes it a bit more difficult to get to is a
plus.

I don't want a "farm". I know my limitations, and I am not up to being a
full-scale (even small) farmer. I want to grow most of my vegetables and grow
or otherwise harvest most of my meat/fish. There are only two of us, even if
both live full time , in the wild. Maybe that would be partial subsistence
farming, but not a real "farm" like yours. I have no progeny. I'm not
trying to leave a legacy, other than being a good steward of the land.

James is right , though. I can keep putting this off for-ever. I 'm in the
process of trying to arrange a final pay-off to an acronymed gov't agency,
afterwards, I really will no longer have excuses. We won't be as finacially
capable as we were before, but that just means I have to build a smaller
shack/house on a smaller piece of ground. I'm still thinking that having a
tiny house in town, for her, would not be a bad idea. Homes, even in town,
in someozark towns can cost less thana car. It is really strange, you can
look at a small town in Mo. and the will have a 2 million dollar house and a
15, 000 house, both in the same tiny town?